Victory


This morning Richard and I took communion at our son’s bedside. We talked, as we have all week, about heaven and healing, and the past and the future. And once more we talked about where the victory lies in this situation, whatever the outcome.

There are so many healings in the bible, but what happened to those people who were saved from their illness? Eventually, they died. No-one stays on this earth forever.

So what were the healings for? To demonstrate God. To show us He is the creator and sustainer of life, He is the healer, His power is greater than ANY force in this universe, He has great compassion for those in need and, especially when he raised the dead, that He has complete victory over death, destruction and despair. He is Lord of life and defeater of death. That’s what healings show.

Jesus’ death on the cross brought us freedom from sin and healing for our bodies. Most importantly, it made a way to God. On this earth, that means that we can know God and walk with Him and not be a slave to sin, but beyond this earth, it means we get to spend eternity with Him.

Eternity. With. Him.

It’s what we were created for – being with God. It’s why this world will never bring us the happiness and satisfaction that we yearn for inside. We were created for being with God. And Jesus achieved that for us.

On this earth, we get an insight into what that’s like. In heaven, we get the real deal.

We would like another miracle – that of keeping our son a bit longer. But the real miracle has already happened. Knowing God and being known by God. Our son has experienced this, we have experienced this, and even through our story, which ought to cause gloom and despair, more people are beginning to know this.

Watching our son slip further away from being the boy we know is still incredibly painful. But now there is peace. Our tears are not out of fear. Our sorrow is not out of despair. There is as much victory in this stale hospital room as there as ever been in a temporary earthly miracle, and this victory will last forever.

Comments

  1. Dear Richard and Esther: I am incredibly thankful for the peace and perspective the Lord has given you throughout this situation. It is so true what you share on this blog. Our final destination is with the Lord but to get there, we cannot avoid death. I am praising God for his love, care and peace over you. I keep praying for Daniel and you all. Much love. Carlos and Deinis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Esther,

      I have been reading your blog ( I am a friend of Mars), your faith is so inspiring, and I want you to know that I have been praying for Daniel, and for you all, and lit a candle in Wells Cathedral for you all last week. xxx

      Delete
  2. I envy your faith...and I am overwhelmed by it.

    I am only 'an expert' in the death of a child. I have been so blessed by the fact that I have had four sons....BUT 2 of those 4 sons have died. I look out for your blogs and I both dread and am inspired by them. I spent most of my life being a Mormon. I loved being part of that religion. After my second son died my faith also died. I watch bad people around me just getting on with their lives. I watch them shuffle past my house to get their drugs etc etc. BUT here I sit with two 'living' sons and two sons who have died who live?????????? Where do they live?? I have no idea. My ideal thoughts would be for you and Richard and ALL of your precious children alive and well. May your God be with you and burning brightly. For me (and please forgive my selfishness) well I just hope that we will keep surving - always and forever...Love, Shabbs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shabbs, Be assured your darling sons are in the arms of their Heavenly father. Trust in Jesus and you will have a joyful reunion.

      Delete
  3. You are so incredibly brave as you speak the words of trust and faith . When I lost Livvy I had no answers but as you say I trusted she was with God. We are so blessed by the promise of forever, the gift of eternity is ours


    So much love to you all. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you Esther for sharing this morning. We continue to pray throughout the day, if we wake in the night, you are never far from our thoughts. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther and Richard, beautiful inspiring words and thoughts...my prayer for Daniel mainly has been that he knows no fear whatever the outcome, that prayer seems to have been answered and is in itself a miracle...and yes the miracle of being born again that you and myself have experienced...yes we believe in miracles, however God is still God when the miracles we want don't seem to happen...Godfrey Birtall You're still God...whatever, much love in our Heavenly Father and many many many future blessings for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. True victory- bless you all, you inspire us all day by day and whatever God's will is in this situation, you can have the peace that so many people have been reached through Daniel's story

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so inspiring ! I can only say I will continue to pray, in faith, for you all. Keep on singing God's praises. They carry miracle-working power !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esther thanks for your ongoing honesty on this tough tough journey. I have just come across a free on line video for children called "Sam and his special book" which seems to match the conversations you and Richard have been having with Daniel about heaven. It is written by Victoria Beech whose resources I love for christian families. Just google the title and you go straight to it.
    May God's love wrap you around today. Love and care and prayers Janet Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen Ester Amen indeed !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. bless you all in your time of need, and that Gods love is with you all, always. Am praying for you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still praying with you. May the love of God surround you& His Holy Spirit uphold you & bring His complete healing to Daniel xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. may our wonderfully, awesome God continue to hold you close as He cradles your beloved daniel in His loving arms. God bless and keep you, esther and richard. you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have bought my train tickets, cancelled a planned work trip and will be there. Because I have loved the Parkinson family like my own for the last fifteen years, and because I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Love to you and see you on Monday.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts